In the world of anti-aging, wrinkles is the new naughty word of the decade. If you have them, you want to get rid of them at any price. If you don’t have them, you may make some wrinkles appear just by worrying about how to avoid them!
This whole exaggerated fear of wrinkles is a cosmetic surgeon’s dream come true. They’ll inject you with something that could kill in high enough doses – just to smooth out a few lines on your face.
But it’s only temporary. You have to go back month after month and pay a small fortune just to keep those signs of aging away. Before you know it, you’re paying more for maintenance on your wrinkles than it costs to keep you car tuned up!
You can take control of your wrinkle management regimen with simple, low cost, natural approaches. Here are some tips to help keep aging at bay:
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. It almost sounds too simple, but it’s very important to hydrate from the inside-out. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and it desperately needs to be hydrated. Drinking water, not lattes or sodas, keeps your skin supple and the rest of your body benefits, too!
- Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables. The natural antioxidants in these fresh foods help strengthen skin tissue so that it repairs and rebuilds on schedule.
- Take vitamin and mineral supplements – particularly skin-friendly Vitamins A, C, and E. It doesn’t matter how many creams you put on your skin – if your body isn’t well-nourished, hydrated and supported with vitamins, signs of aging will show up and cause damage to your appearance.
- Include more nuts and oils in your diet. Use high quality virgin or extra virgin olive oil in your salads and for cooking. Snack on walnuts, peanuts or almonds. These foods help your body lubricate the skin from the inside-out.
- Additional antioxidants can be applied to the skin with creams made from soy protein, Vitamin A (retinol), peptides, hyrodxy acid and CoQ10 Enzyme. Look for these in a health food store or natural pharmacy. They aren’t cheap, but you’ll get better quality here than some of what you could buy for twice the price in a department store. And the natural products aren’t filled with artificial chemicals.
Anti-aging Eye Creams You Can Make
The cosmetic industry is making a fortune off the desire women (and men) to look young. Consumers are looking for a chemical fountain of youth. You don’t have to be older to care about anti-aging skin care products.
In fact, the earlier you start taking care of your skin, the less damage you will have to undo later. Because of the high consumer demand, anti-aging products are sometimes expensive.
You have to be a savvy shopper, though, because cheaper products on the shelves at discount stores often only contain a fraction of an anti-aging element that’s more concentrated in the high-dollar products.
What if you want to take care of your skin, but your budget just doesn’t stretch for monthly refills of the expensive, department store brands? You can make your own natural, organic anti-aging skincare formulas at home.
The best ingredients come from nature, not a chemistry lab. You probably have many useful items right in your kitchen! Here are a few ideas:
- Apple and Potato Soothing Eye Cream – Grate a medium sized potato using a fine grating instrument. Add in 3-4 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce from the grocery store (or make your own if you’re extra industrious) and mix well. Allow the mixture to chill for 5 minutes in the refrigerator. Then take a small spoon and gently apply the mixture around your eyes. Recline and place a damp cloth over the eyes. After 5 minutes, rinse off the mixture with water. Repeat this process at least once a week.
- Vegetable Medley Eye Circle Cream – Not only are vegetables good for your body from the inside, but they’re also good for your skin from the outside! Combine a half-cup of tomato puree (canned in the grocery store), a dash of tumeric powder, and one tablespoon of lemon or lime juice. Stir in wheat flower until a paste is formed. Form the paste around your eyes and let it dry there for 10 minutes as you recline. Gently rinse away the paste, being careful not to pull on the delicate skin around your eyes. Repeat weekly or anytime you feel fatigued and need to look refreshed.
- Herbal Tea Bags – All you have to do is place an herbal tea bag in warm water until it’s soaked, and then place the tea bags over your eyes with a soft cloth over the tea bags while you lie down for 10 minutes. Tea has healing properties for your skin. Chamomile is a favorite for skin refreshment, but you can also choose other types.
Each of these homemade anti-aging skincare eye treatments is simple to prepare, inexpensive and uses products that are easily found at the grocery store or in health food stores around the country. Combating wrinkles is an inside job as well as outside maintenance regimen. No amount of expensive designer creams will overcome what your body lacks to rebuild damaged cells. Form an anti-aging skin care regimen using these homemade formulas and kick wrinkles to the curb!